For the last several years almost all of my purses have been big and red and from Liz Claiborne. Not that I pay department store prices, or even retail! I find them at places like Marshalls, TJ Maxx or Bealls Outlet and pay half (or less) of the usual price. There’s just something about a show-stopper red purse that can carry whatever I need and look fabulous doing it. Plus, it matches pretty much everything by needing to match absolutely nothing!
As promised, here’s what was inside my purse as of Monday evening:
Clockwise from the upper left corner:
- Tome of Runes (my first illustration credit–it came in last week and I’ve been carrying it around because I’m just so tickled it’s done!)
- Monthly planner (stuffed with store coupons in case I feel like shopping) and postage stamps (yes, I mail things–not bills, though, that’s what online banking is for!)
- My Red Notebook (everything from budgets to project notes to podcast playlists–it’s my life and I go through one a year, always red)
- Travel Amulet
- iPod (in red case… are we sensing a theme, here?), charger and ear buds
- Calculator and 6 pens (I highly suspect at least one is dead or broken)
- Prescription sunglasses
- A sash from the skirt I wore 2 weeks ago
- Ginger pills and Lactaid tablets
- Wallet, smaller card case, coin purse and passport
- Umbrella holding down a stack of store receipts
- Keys and a separate ring of those store scanner tabs
- Nail file, tweezers, compact, 5 lip glosses (3 tinted, 2 clear) and 3 hair clips (that’s where they all went!)
The only thing not pictured is my cell phone–when I’m home it’s usually on my computer desk or on it’s charger.
Now, who else played along?
Whoever thought it’d be so difficult to give stuff away!
But, hey, it’s my giveaway and I’m going to give it another try. That’s right, I’m extending the deadline.
You have until Sunday, October 24, 2010, at 8pm Eastern do the following:
- Dump everything out of your purse (arranging it nicely is optional)
- Take a picture of it
- Upload the picture to some public place (your blog, Facebook, Flickr, etc.) and leave me the link in the comments OR email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
See, it really is that simple. And I’ll pick one purse photo at random of those submitted and the owner of that purse will win a prize that I will mail to you. It will be purse-themed. It will be a mix of store-bought and hand-crafted items. You will either love it or decide it would make the perfect regift for the neighbor/teacher/co-worker at some point in the upcoming holidays, thus saving you a shopping trip–that parts up to you.
Now, go find that camera!